10 amazing facts about women.
1. DEVASTATING. Over 60 million girls worldwide are child brides, married before the age of 18 and 603 million women live in countries where domestic violence is not yet considered a crime.
2. AWARENESS. Women's International Day is now an official holiday in many countries including Afghanistan, Cambodia, Mongolia, Vietnam and Zambia.
3. SAD. Only 2% of women describe themselves as beautiful. Not entirely sure if this refers to physically beautiful, mentally beautiful or both, but nethertheless a sad statistic. We personally feel it's more likely due to the fact Women (and Men too for that matter!) are not socially 'allowed' to convey any self-love without being deemed and judged as self-centered, egocentric, arrogant, narcissistic or vain.
4. FACT. The two highest IQs ever recorded on a standard test both belong to women. #booooooooom
5. CREATIVE. Generally considered to be the world’s first novel, The Tale of Genji was written in Japan around AD 1000 by a women; Murasaki Shikibu.
6. WEIRD. Research has shown the probability of a woman giving birth to a baby girl instead of a baby boy increases significantly the nearer the mother lives to the equator. What the!!! Must. Find. Out. Why. Need answers.
7. YUM. An average women eats about 1.82kg to 4kg of lipstick in her lifetime. Seriously?
8. SEXIST. An average time a women can keep a secret is 47 hours and 15 minutes. Hmmm we feel a little sexist! In our experience Men are just as terrible as keeping secrets.
9. WOW. Brace yourself for this one......The most children born to one women is 69. OMG. Did this wonderful woman receive a medal?
10. THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT. Growth in women-owned businesses has outpaced the overall increase in new businesses by 1.5 times.
Make everyday International Women's Day. Do your bit to ensure that the future for girls is bright, equal, safe and rewarding.